How to Easily Skip Ads on YouTube?
YouTube is home to many creators who regularly upload videos related to many different genres. On the website, you can find content related to news, politics, sports, entertainment, drama, health, and education to name a few. You can also stream content in 4K quality with the help of reliable internet packages from Altice Optimum.
Recently, more and more viewers are getting annoyed due to the high number of ads on YouTube videos. You may be looking for economical and free options to get rid of them. With a little research, you can find such tools. The good news is that we’ve done the research for you. Read this blog to find out how you can have an ad-free experience on YouTube.
Replay a Video
You may frequently come across videos that have a lot of ads. Especially, if you’re watching your favorite web series on YouTube, this is bound to happen. Monetized channels also have tons of ads. If you want to avoid watching them, simply drag the video progress bar to the end. Now, click on the replay symbol appearing in the middle of the video. The video will begin from the start. The good news is that this time around, the video will be ad-free! All the ads will all be gone for good!
Download YouTube Vanced
Modded versions of many applications exist on the web. You can get a modded version of YouTube as well. YouTube Vanced is one such app that comes with many features that even the “original” YouTube does not have. Not only is the service ad-free, but it also comes with a very cool dark theme! Here’s how you can install YouTube Vanced!
- Download and install MicroG.
- Now, download and install YouTube Vanced.
- Disable the default YouTube app in your phone via app settings.
- Open YouTube Vanced.
- A pop-up will appear. Select “Dismiss”. Now, tap on your profile to add your account.
- Use your Google account to sign in to the app.
- Tap on profile and go to settings.
- Select “Advanced Settings” and go to “Layout Settings”.
- Now, select the Black Theme.
- You’re all set up to enjoy YouTube without watching any ads.
Now, you can have an ad-free experience. Note that there’s no need to root your phone. The best part is that you can get a dark theme that looks stunning on phones with AMOLED screens. One of the most important benefits of using YouTube Vanced is that you can play videos even in the background. The only problem, for now, is the absence of regular updates.
Ad-blockers come in quite handy when it comes to blocking ads while browsing online. Blokada is an effective solution to block ads on YouTube. It establishes a secure VPN connection to block them. The service does not require root access. You can use it on both Wi-Fi and mobile networks. Do note that since the app uses a VPN connection to block ads, you won’t see any ad pop-ups even if you’re playing a game while the service is active.
Blokada enjoys several benefits over other ad-blocking apps and services. For instance, like YouTube Vanced, you won’t have to install any separate files. However, Blokada is not available on Google Play Store. Download the app from Blokada’s website.
- Open Blokada. Tap on “Ad Blocking is deactivated”.
- Now, you will see ad blocking options.
- Tap on “Host Lists” and enable Adaway and StevenBlack.
- Turn the “On” button on the main page of the app.
- Allow the VPN connection request and the service will become active.
Install Skip Ads from Google Play
Skip Ads is another useful ad-blocker for Android smartphones. Contrary to Blokada, it is present in the Google Play Store. Download it to access its cool features. Just turn on the “Skip Ads” feature to block ads on YouTube. The app comes with a user-friendly interface. The app will also give insights related to your usage.
If you use YouTube on Google Chrome, simply add the Skip Ads extension to your browser. It may not block all the ads. However, the extension will block all the ads after the 5-seconds mark.
- Go to the Skip Ad download page on your browser.
- Click on “Add to Chrome”.
- The extension will appear on the browser after installation.
- Now, close Google Chrome and re-open it.
- Feel free to browse freely. The extension will block most of the ads.
With the help of these ads, apps, and services, you can have a better viewing experience on YouTube. Obviously, the better option is to subscribe to YouTube Premium. However, if you are on a budget and looking for free options, you now know that you have other options too!