Table of Contents
How To Fix Apple Watch Scratches?
If you’re Apple Watch has scratches, the best method to repair the damage is based on the extent and severity of the damage. For scratches of a minor nature, it is possible to use an emery cloth or microfiber along with a small amount of baking soda or toothpaste combined with water smooth off scratches. Apply the mixture to the scratch with the microfiber cloth in circular motions until the scratch becomes less apparent or disappears completely. After that, wash the watch in the water and dry it using a clean cloth.
You might need to apply a polishing agent such as Brasso or Cape Cod’s Polishing Cloths for more severe scratches. You can apply a little of the compound onto a microfiber cloth, then lightly rub it on the scratch with a circular motion. This will remove the scratch and improve the appearance of the watches. Ensure not to use excessive pressure or apply rough materials since this can even harm the watch.
If scratches are large or deep, Bringing the Apple Watch to an authorized repair center for expert repair may be necessary. They might be able to replace the screen or other damaged parts to restore your watch to its original state. However, it’s important to note that fixing the components of your Apple Watch at an unauthorized repair center could invalidate the warranty and cause further harm for the gadget.
What Is The Cost Of Removing Scratches From The Apple Watch?
If you’ve got scratches on your Apple Watch, you might wonder what it will cost to repair them. The answer will depend on the extent of the scratches and whether you can fix the watch by yourself or take it to a specialist.
The price will be fairly low if you repair scratch marks on the Apple Watch. You can use microfiber cloths and common items such as toothpaste or baking soda to remove small scratches. They are readily accessible and very affordable.
If, however, you’re required to purchase a polishing agent such as Brasso and Cape Cod Metal Polishing Cloths to polish more deeply, The price is a little higher. The products are generally available for $10 to $20 per bottle or package.
If you choose to take the Apple Watch to a professional repair service, the price will be determined by the extent of the scratches and the available repair options. Below are some of the aspects that could affect the price of repair by a professional:
- AppleCare and Coverage: If you’ve bought AppleCare+ protection to protect the Apple Watch, you may be able to have scratches repaired at no cost or a lower cost. AppleCare+ is an extended warranty plan that protects against accidental damages, such as scratches, for up to two instances.
- Repairs outside of warranty: If you don’t have AppleCare plus coverage, the price of the professional repair will vary based on the type of Apple Watch and the extent of the damage. Repairs not covered by AppleCare for minor scratches may be as low as $49, while repairs for more extensive damage could cost as much as $800.
- Replacement components: If scratches appear in your Apple Watch are too severe, the screen and other parts may have a replacement. The price for replacement parts can differ based on the model used and the type of repair required. For instance, an upgrade screen for one of the Apple Watch Series 4 can cost about $150, whereas replacing the battery of the Apple Watch Series 5 can cost about $100.
Tips To Prevent Scratching On The Surface Of Your Apple Watch
Prevention is always more effective than cure, so here are some suggestions to avoid the possibility of scratches to Your Apple Watch:
- Utilize screen protectors: Screen protectors will help shield screen protectors to protect your Apple Watch screen from scratches and other harm. There are a variety of screen protectors, such as tempered glass and film protectors.
- Do not wear the Apple Watch during high-impact activities: If you’re doing anything that could harm the Apple Watch, such as performing manual work, it’s recommended to remove it and put it away in a secure location.
- Keep the Apple Watch properly: When you’re not wearing your Apple Watch, store it in a case that is protected or a pouch to avoid scratches and other damages.
- Keep Your Apple Watch Regularly: Dirt and debris could scratch the surface of your Apple Watch over time, which is why it’s essential to keep it clean.
How Do You Remove Scratches From The Aluminum Of The Apple Watch?
If you have an aluminum Apple Watch, you know how easily it gets scratched. However, many methods exist for removing scratches from the surfaces on your wristwatch. Here, we’ll look at the most efficient methods of removing the scratches on Apple Watch aluminum.
If you’re looking to get rid of scratches on the Apple Watch’s aluminum, a variety of household products can be used to smooth off the scratches. Here are some self-repair techniques you could try:
- Toothpaste: Toothpaste is a great aid in removing scratches on the Apple Watch’s aluminum. Apply a small amount of toothpaste on an incredibly soft microfiber cloth, then gently massage it with a circular motion on the affected area. Remove the toothpaste using an aqueous cloth and repeat the procedure until the scratch has disappeared.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is an efficient method of removing scratches on aluminum. Mix baking soda and water to form an emulsion and apply it to the scratched area. Rub the paste lightly using a soft cloth, then wash the watch with running water. Dry the watch using a soft, clean cloth.
- Sandpaper: Sandpaper is a great option to eliminate scratches deeper into the Apple Watch’s aluminum. Start by using a finer grit Sandpaper, like 600 and 800, then gently rub it in a circular motion across the area that has been scratched. Then, you can use sandpaper of a lower grade, for example, 1000 or 1200, repeating the process until the scratch has been removed. The final step is to buff the watch using a microfiber cloth.
If the scratches are too deep or you’re not sure of your abilities to repair them, Bringing the Apple Watch aluminum to an expert repair service is recommended. Here are a few options to repair your Apple Watch professionally:
- Apple Store: You can bring the Apple Watch aluminum to an Apple Store for repair. Repair costs will depend on the damage’s severity and whether AppleCare and coverage cover you. If you don’t have AppleCare+ insurance, the repair cost will vary from $199 to $399.
- Repair service that is authorized: If you do not own an Apple Store near you, you can bring the Apple Watch aluminum to an authorized repair service. The repair services are endorsed by Apple and use authentic Apple components in the repair procedure. Repair costs will be based on the damage’s severity and the repair options offered.
- A third-party repair company: If you’re seeking a less expensive repair option, you could send the Apple Watch aluminum to a third-party repair service. These repair services might be cheaper than authorized ones, but they could not use authentic Apple parts during the repair procedure. Be sure to conduct your research before choosing an authorized third-party repair company.
Tips To Avoid Scratches From Apple Watch Aluminum.
Preventing scratches on the Apple Watch aluminum is easier than getting them out. Here are some ways to prevent scratches:
- Utilize screen protectors: Screen protectors can aid in protecting the surface that is the Apple Watch aluminum from scratches and other harm. Numerous screen protectors are available, including tempered glass and film protectors.
- Keep your watch in a safe place: If the watch is not being worn, Apple Watch aluminum, store it in a bag or case to avoid damage from scratches and other damages.
- Avoid high-impact sports: If you’re going to do something that may damage the Apple Watch’s aluminum, for example, performing manual work, it’s recommended to remove it and put it in a secure location.
- Keep your watch clean: Debris and dirt could cause scratches to the Apple Watch’s aluminum as time passes, making it essential to keep it clean.
How Do You Remove Scratches From Your Apple Watch Using Toothpaste?
To eliminate scratches on an Apple Watch, toothpaste can be a cost-effective and economical solution. While it’s not the best solution for severe or deep scratches, it can be a great way to reduce the appearance of small scratches and scratches. This article will take on the procedure of eliminating scratch marks from the Apple Watch with toothpaste.
What you’ll require:
- White toothpaste (not gel or colored)
- A soft-bristled and soft-bristled toothbrush
- A microfiber cloth
Make Sure Your Watch Is Clean
Before cleaning, you must clean your watch to eliminate any grime, dirt, or other debris. Then, use an incredibly soft and damp cloth to wipe down the watch’s surface and remove any residue or dirt.
Apply Toothpaste To The Watch’s Face.
Make a small quantity of toothpaste on the affected area of your watch. It’s only a tiny amount; a pea-sized amount is enough for most scratches.
Use The Toothpaste To Rub The Scratches
With a soft toothbrush, use a gentle brush to gently rub your toothpaste over the scratches on your watch. Make a circular motion, and be cautious not to push too hard. Repeat the rubbing process for about 2 hours or until you see no scratches.
Rinse The Toothpaste Off.
If you’re satisfied with the result, wash your watch in cool water to remove any remaining toothpaste. Be sure to get rid of all toothpaste to avoid any residue from getting stuck within the crevices of your watch.
Dry And Polish Your Watch
Utilize a microfiber cloth to lightly dry and polish your watch. This will help eliminate dirt and make your watch look new and shiny.
Use Toothpaste Tips To Get Rid Of Scratches From Your Apple Watch.
- Make sure to use white toothpaste: Use only white toothpaste as colored or gel toothpaste could contain abrasive elements that could harm your watch.
- Use a toothbrush with a soft bristle: A toothbrush with a soft bristle will be safe enough to be used for your watches without doing further harm.
- Be patient: Removing scratches using toothpaste is lengthy and may require several applications. Keep moving until you achieve the desired outcomes.
- Be careful not to press too hard: Do not press hard enough when you rub the toothpaste on your watch as it could cause more damage.
- Do not use toothpaste on very deep scratches: Toothpaste can only be useful for light scratches and scratches. If serious or deep scratches damage your watch, it may be necessary to take it to a professional repair service.
Other Methods To Remove Any Scratches On Your Apple Watch
While toothpaste is effective for minor scratches, there are other solutions to try if using toothpaste isn’t working or you’re dealing with more severe scratches. Here are other methods to get rid of scratches on Apple Watch: Apple Watch:
- Utilize a polishing cloth: These cloths were designed to eliminate scratches from surfaces made of metal. Simply rub the cloth across the area scratched by your watch until the scratches are not visible anymore.
- Apply a scratch-removing solution: A variety of scratch-removal products are available to get rid of scratches on an Apple Watch. These products typically come in kits comprising a polishing cloth and liquid solution that applies to the damaged area.
- Send it to a specialist: If you’ve got deep or significant scratches, bringing your device to a professional repair shop is recommended. They’ll be able to examine the damage and recommend the best way to proceed, including polishing, buffing, or even replacing the entire screen.
Apple Watch Screen Repair Kit?
If you’ve scratched your Apple Watch screen, you might wonder whether there’s a particular repair kit to repair the damage. Although there isn’t an authentic Apple Watch screen scratch repair kit, there are many third-party options to aid in removing scratches and returning your watch to its original state. First, we’ll examine some of the most effective Apple Watch screen scratch repair products.
Before we get into the specifics of these products we will discuss, it is important to understand that scratch marks are not always eliminated using a repair kit. The most severe or extensive scratches might require professional repair or replacement. In addition, following the guidelines carefully and taking caution when applying any product to Your Apple Watch is essential.
Let’s take a look at the most effective Apple Watch screen scratch repair kits on the market:
PolyWatch Apple Watch Scratch Remover
This PolyWatch Apple Watch Scratch Remover is a popular choice to remove scratches from the LCD of your Apple Watch. This kit contains a tub of PolyWatch scratch removal product, microfiber fabric, and a user’s guide. The scratch remover was specially designed with the watch crystals made of plastic and acrylic and is a perfect option for Apple Watch Sport models.
To utilize PolyWatch’s PolyWatch Apple Watch Scratch Remover, Simply put a tiny amount of the scratch remover onto the area that has been scratched on your watch, and then use a microfiber fabric to massage it into. Repeat rubbing until scratches are not visible anymore. This kit is reasonably priced and user-friendly, making it an excellent option for DIY repairs.
Brasso Metal Polish
Brasso Metal Polish can be described as a versatile product; it can eliminate scratches from surfaces such as plastic, metal, and glass. Although it’s not advertised for use as an Apple Watch screen scratch repair kit, many customers have successfully used it to remove scratches from their watches.
To apply Brasso Metal Polish on your Apple Watch:
- Apply a tiny portion of this product on the surface of a cloth, then rub it over the area that has been scratched on your watch.
- Keep applying the rub till the scratch is no more evident.
- Ensure you follow the directions carefully and exercise caution in applying this product.
Displex Display Polish
The Displex Display Polish is another popular method of removing scratches off the display on your Apple Watch. The kit comes with an entire tub of Displex Display Polish, a microfiber cloth, and an instruction manual for the user. This Display Polish is designed specifically for acrylic and plastic watch crystals, making it an ideal choice for Apple Watch Sport models. Apple Watch Sport models.
To apply the Displex Display Polish:
- Apply just a little bit of the product on the area that has been scratched on your watch.
- Use your microfiber towel to massage it.
- Keep rubbing until the scratches disappear.
The kit is simple to use and is an ideal solution for repairs that you can do yourself.
Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) Coating
Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) Coating is a well-known option to restore the smooth surface scratched on Apple Watch screens. This procedure involves the application of an extremely thin layer of carbon-based substance to the screen’s surface that fills in scratches and smooths the surface of the device.
Although DLC Coating is not a DIY option and requires professional expertise, it can be a great way to return your watch to its original state. It is more costly than the other solutions listed here. However, it could be worthwhile if you suffer from significant or deep scratches on your watch.
Can scratches on an Apple Watch be fixed?
Minor scratches on an Apple Watch can be fixed using certain methods, but deep or extensive scratches may require a replacement of the watch face. If the scratch is minor, there are several ways to fix it.
How do I fix minor scratches on my Apple Watch?
One method to fix minor scratches on your Apple Watch is to use toothpaste. Apply a small amount of toothpaste on the scratch, then use a soft cloth to gently rub it in a circular motion. After a few minutes, rinse the watch face with water and dry it with a soft cloth. Another method is to use a screen protector, which can cover up existing scratches and prevent future ones.
Can I use metal polish to fix scratches on my Apple Watch?
Yes, metal polish can be used to fix scratches on an Apple Watch. However, make sure to use a metal polish that is specifically designed for use on stainless steel, which is the material used for the Apple Watch. Apply a small amount of the polish to the scratch, then use a soft cloth to gently rub it in a circular motion. After a few minutes, rinse the watch face with water and dry it with a soft cloth.
Can I take my Apple Watch to an Apple Store to fix scratches?
Apple Stores do not offer a specific service to fix scratches on Apple Watches. However, if the scratch is extensive and affecting the functionality of the watch, they may recommend a replacement or repair.
Is it possible to prevent scratches on my Apple Watch?
To prevent scratches on your Apple Watch, consider using a screen protector or protective case. These accessories can help prevent scratches from daily wear and tear. Additionally, avoid exposing your watch to rough surfaces or harsh chemicals that can cause scratches.
Should I attempt to fix scratches on my Apple Watch myself?
Fixing scratches on your Apple Watch can be done at home using certain methods, but it’s important to proceed with caution. Using the wrong materials or methods can cause further damage to the watch face or affect the functionality of the watch. If you’re not confident in your ability to fix the scratches, consider taking your watch to a professional for repair or replacement.