HOW TO SPONSOR MAID VISA IN DUBAI in 2022
Living in Dubai is fascinating as well as fancy and expensive especially when it comes to house help and domestic workers. With a job and a family to look after, it becomes quite overwhelming to keep your home in order and hiring a maid becomes a need. Finding yourself a nanny or a housemaid in Dubai can cause you a lot hassles and legal confusions as an expatriate. For a clarified and detailed guidance on sponsorship of visa, one must seek consultants with amazing PRO services.
Sponsoring a maid visa in Dubai is quite a formal process and it may take up to a week or more to obtain the visa.
Who is eligible for the application of sponsorship?
There are certain requirements for sponsoring a maid visa according to the UAE Executive Regulation of Federal law No. 10 of 2017 on Domestic Workers. In order to sponsor your maid, you must meet the following criteria:
- The combined household income of the family members of the applicant should be at least AED 25,000.
- Bachelors are not eligible to sponsor house maid.
- You can only hire the maids from a specific list of nationalities.
Which countries can you bring these maids from?
In UAE, you are only allowed to bring maids, nannies and domestic workers from the following countries:
- Sri Lanka
Other than the listed countries, you are not allowed to sponsor your maid from.
What is the step wise procedure for visa application?
When it comes to PRO services for family visa, Dubai has many options and regulatory authorities and institutions to cater your visa application. Similarly for maid visa in UAE, following are the steps to obtain visa for your maid:
Requirements from the Maid
The first step is asking your maid to apply for the following in listed order:
- Residence visa/employment permit for entering in UAE
- After entering, maid must apply for Medical Fitness Exam
- There should be residence stamp on maid’s passport
- Apply for Emirates ID
- Issuance of Domestic Worker Card
Requirements from the Applicant for Residence visa
In order to apply for your maid’s Residence Visa, you must submit the following documents:
- Labor contract of sponsor (Private Employees)
- Salary Certificate of sponsor in Arabic (Government Employees)
- Copy of maid’s passport
- Sponsor’s passport
- Residential contract of accommodation with at least 2 bedrooms
- 3 passport pictures of the maid
- Application form typed from any of the authorized typing centers in UAE
In case of maid being national of the same country as of the sponsor, an affidavit from the consulate or embassy would be required for the verification of non-relationship.
Requirements for Employment Entry Permit
- Fill up the form of Employment Entry Permit from one of the authorized typing centers
- Submit the form along with all necessary documents to GDRFA – General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs, Dubai
- Once you have received the Employment Entry Permit, you will have to pay a refundable deposit of AED 2,000 following the visa application – this fee will be refunded once your maid leaves the country permanently.
- Once you have received your maid’s visa, send them the copy of visa and submit the original visa at DNATA Visa Desk, Dubai Airport.
Requirements for Residence visa after entry of the maid in UAE
Once your maid has arrived on Employment Entry Permit to UAE, you must do the following within 30 days of her entry in the country in order to obtain her Residence visa:
- Visit one of the authorized typing centers and pay for her Medical Fitness Exam
- Apply for their Emirates ID and complete the necessary biometrics
What tests are run for Medical Fitness Exam?
There are 14 different fitness centers in UAE where applicants are screened before getting the visa stamped. All maids are screened for the following tests:
- Hepatitis B
For vaccinations of Hepatitis B, an additional amount of AED 50 will cost. Once the vaccination is done in 3 doses of shots, a yellow certificate is given to the recipient whose validity is for 10 years.
Final submission of all documents
Visit any branch of GDRFA and submit the following documents in the Residency Section:
- Visa Application
- Medical Fitness Report
- Emirates ID Stamp
- Residency Visa application in typing
- Maid’s original passport
- Photographs of maid
- Deposit Sticker
- Sponsor’s Passport copy
- Salary Certificate/Labor Contract
- Stamped Employment Entry Permit
How much does it cost to sponsor maid in Dubai?
Few main things on which the cost of sponsorship depends on are:
Visa Cost – It costs around AED 5000 to AED 6000.
Salary – Depending upon the nationality of maid, the salary ranges from AED 1500-AED 5000 monthly
Health Insurance – Depending upon the package you select, health insurance may cost you from AED 5000 to AED 10,000 per annum.
Flight Ticket – According to the law, you must promise a flight ticket per year to your maid, however its cost would depend upon the destination and carrier.
Accommodation – If the maid lives with you then you must provide for her food and other essentials, however if she lives out then you must give extra salary for her to find an accommodation.
Want to hire a maid now?
Pro experts like Payroll Middle East, provide clients the best PRO services in Dubai along with HR and professional Payroll services. If you want to hire a maid without any hassles and legal confusions, they will do the needful. Over years of hard work and diligence have one of the most trusted payroll outsourcing companies in Dubai.