Is it illegal to eat an orange in the bathtub while taking a shower?
Getting in Jail by eating an orange in your bathtub? YES! It sounds strange to everyone. Though it is not a presidential myth, the Law made its way around, thanks to social media and the people sharing this quickly.
In this article, we will discuss if this Law exists or not. Furthermore, we will share some strange laws which exist in the U.S.
Where does this Law exist?
California, The Golden State, has several strange food laws, some of which you may not be aware of or believe to be true. One of them is eating or peeling an orange in the bathtub.
Do you think that’s ridiculous? You are not the only one who believes this. But now is the time to explore this strange Law and get to know why this Law was published.
Why was this Law passed?
People or lawmakers believed that this Law was necessary for homeowners’ safety back in the day. Yes, there is, or was, a law prohibiting Californians from eating an orange in the bathtub.
What everyone knows about oranges is that they contain citric acid. The Law was passed in the 1920s because people believed that the citric acid in oranges could react with natural bath oils. They believed that combining citric acid with those bath oils would result in a highly explosive mixture.
Their reasoning makes sense when you think about it, but they were probably exaggerating. After all, bath bombs, which contain natural oils and citric acid, begin to fizz when they come into contact with the water in your tub.
More Strange Laws all over the U.S.
- In Marion, Ohio, it is illegal to eat a doughnut while walking backward.
- After sunset, it is illegal to walk backward in Devon, Connecticut.
- It is against the Law in California to peel an orange in a hotel room. You are not permitted to peel an orange in any hotel room in the state.
- For example, in Rosemead, California, it is illegal to eat ice cream with a fork in public.
- Another strange CA food law in Riverside prevents you from carrying a lunch down the street between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- A new California law prohibits smoking, consuming marijuana, or riding in a car while driving.
- It is illegal to hunt a game from a moving vehicle unless it is a whale.
- It is illegal for a woman to drive a vehicle while wearing a housecoat.
- Automobiles are the only items stored in a garage in Long Beach, California.
Has Anyone got Fined for these laws?
The simple answer is NO. No matter how absurd these laws sound, if no one has ever repealed them, they may still be on the books, like many other ridiculous laws in the United States.
Is it, however, a law that is enforced? Unlikely. Have you ever heard of someone being fined and arrested for eating an orange while taking a bath? Luckily, neither of us.
In this article, we discussed the strange laws in the U.S and if eating oranges in the bathtub is legal or not in the U.S. There are many other strange laws in the U.S and worldwide. Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter and keep yourself updated.