Top 5 Ways to Recover Lost or Deleted Excel Files in Professional Manner
Microsoft Excel is considered to be the standard for spreadsheet programs and many individuals and organizations use Excel to store important information for financial and sensitive data and these files are to be protected.
Unfortunately, at times you unexpectedly lose or delete the files due to human error, malware, or events out of human control but you don’t need to panic as we will help you on how you can recover excel sheets that are lost or unsaved on windows.
5 Ways to recover excel files
- Recover deleted excel files not in recycle bin – When you delete the excel files you should go to recycle bin for restoring them. If it is permanently deleted without backups the most effective way is by using a professional data recovery tool and by following steps:
- Choose the specific folder or where you have lost the excel files then click ‘scan’.
- Click on the filter and choose the excel, .xls, or .xlsx in the search box.
- Double click on the excel file for the preview. Select the desired Excel file and click on ‘recover’.
- Restore deleted excel files without software – If you do not want to use a third-party program then you can restore the excel files without software through previous backup versions with the following steps:
- Locate the folder with that file. Right-click and choose properties.
- Later open the previous version tab and list all the previously stored versions of the excel files.
- Choose the right version and later click the restore to retrieve the documents.
- Recover excel file from temporary folder – The temporary folder is the directory that stores temporary files and the windows system automatically deletes temporary files due to less importance and fortunately these files aren’t deleted and can help recover unsaved or lost excel files with the following steps:
- Follow the temporary file path to recover the unsaved excel sheet.
- Check and select the temporary unsaved file.
- Copy the selected unsaved excel file and save it as a new file on the computer.
- Recover excel files from backups – The best practice for the computer’s users is to back up the data and it can be done through the native Windows operating system known as file history. Follow the steps for recovery from file history:
- Go to the taskbar’s search box and type restore files.
- Next select restore the files with file history.
- Locate the file to recover and use arrow keys to check the versions available.
- Select restore to recover the file to the original location or restore it to save at a different place.
- Recover an overwritten excel file – You are always able to recover the previous versions to revert the older copy with the help of the following procedure:
- Open the file explorer.
- You need to go to the file or folder you wish to recover.
- You need to right-click the item and select the previous version options.
- Select the versions you need to recover.
- The next step is to click the restore button.