Black Pepper Angus Steak recipe for Beginners
The Angus Steak is a quick stir fry that includes onions, mushrooms, black pepper, asparagus, and Angus Steak. The most amazing part of this recipe is the sauce, drizzling in your mouth with a tangy taste. This article will explain the beginner’s recipe to make Black pepper Angus Steak.
What do you need?
This recipe requires only a few basic ingredients. The measurements are given in the recipe below. Here’s a rundown of what you’ll need
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. freshly minced ginger
- White rice, cooked, ready to serve (Optional)
- 1 tbsp. soya sauce
Cut the beef sirloin into 1cm thick strips. Marinate the beef for 15 minutes by mixing all of the marinating seasonings, including soy sauce, ketchup, salt, black pepper, sugar, Chinese cooking wine, and cornstarch. Just before you start cooking, add the cooking oil.
In a big pan, heat the frying oil until it covers the bottom evenly. Spread the beef slices on top. Allow them to sit for 5 to 6 seconds, then gently mix them several times until the beef strips change color. Remove the steak but leave about 1 tablespoon of the oil in the pan.
Fry the garlic until it gives a golden brown color and aroma. Add Green and Red Bell Peppers and be fried until tender and juicy. Mix the vegetables and add the ginger garlic paste with a pinch of salt.
Make your plate with the Juicy Angus Steak, and paste with flaky salt and black pepper. You can also use different types of rice with it as you like ( Basmati, short/long-grain, brown). Every kind of rice has an additional time for soaking in water and water ratio. To make rice, let it simmer on low heat for about 18-20 minutes ( if using white rice), don’t forget to add salt to the water.
Making Angus Steak with Oven
Yes, you can make Angus steak using the oven as well. We will fry the steak too, but the taste will be slightly different, but it will be smokier. Here are the detailed instructions about the steps:
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Meanwhile, season both sides of the steak with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place the meat in the heated skillet. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, without moving the pan. This will result in a crispy crust. Then fry the fat strip for another 30 seconds.
- Transfer the skillet to the heated oven with oven mitts. 3-4 minutes for medium-rare. Roast for 4-5 minutes until medium.
- Place the steak on a plate. Wrap it loosely in foil. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes before topping with butter and serving.
If your steak is less than ½ inch, it is better to stir fry again after getting it out of the oven. Not more than 2 minutes per side on a non-stick pan. Compared to chili, black pepper provides a more subtle sensation of heat. It does not burn you, but its aroma lingers in your mouth for a long time.
Use a good amount of black pepper and freshly ground pepper in this steak. This is what sets your food apart.
Using Frozen Steak good or not?
Freshly grilled steak is the best. However, leftover steak can be stored in an airtight jar in the fridge for 3-4 days, and there will be no difference in the taste of stored correctly.
Tip: Freeze your steak for 20-30 minutes to make it easier to slice. Partially freezing the meat hardens it up and makes it simpler to cut very thin steak slices. It is better to use flank steak for this recipe because it’s widely available and juicy. However, if you like it or have sirloin, you can also substitute it.
Tips to make your steak taste even better:
- Choosing the proper steak based on its quality is significantly more important than using complex processes.
- If you take the steak directly out of the fridge, it will be stone cold in the middle and, therefore, must be handled carefully. It is better to heat the thick cold pieces of steak, constantly flipping till the end to allow the heat to evenly penetrate toward the center.
- Using marinade will bring more flavor to your steak. Marinades are made up of oil, acid, and herbs. While marinades do not inherently tenderize the meat, they flavor the outer layer of meat. When cooking beef cuts like flank or skirt, it is better to use a marinade.
- For a tender and smooth texture, cook the steak in oil for the first 2/3 of the cooking time, flip it, add some butter (herbs and garlic optional…), and baste the meat for the remaining 1/3 of the cooking time.
- If you want a good medium-rare, pull the steak at around 110 degrees to 115 degrees, so it carries over to a nice 125-135 degrees while resting.
- Some pepper steak recipes call for tomatoes or onions, which you can add to give more taste.
This article discussed a simple recipe for making a Black Pepper Angus Steak for beginners. We explained detailed step-by-step instructions so that you could make the perfect steak without messing around.
We also gave you some extra tips to make your steak more tender and look better. Moreover, using an oven is a good option if you want a healthier option. But in the oven method, you still need to stir fry the steak or remain raw from some sides. Therefore, hope you like the article and subscribe to our newsletter for more up.