Table of Contents
Gloves of Thievery 5e cost in d&d
Gloves of Thievery is a magic item described in Dungeon Master’s Guide (5e). Gloves of Thievery 5e in dnd is a magic item and costs 6,000 GP. It is a Wondrous item and uncommon in nature. These gloves are invisible while worn. While wearing them, you gain a +5 bonus to Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) checks and Dexterity checks made to pick locks. Gloves of thievery were a pair of gloves that significantly increased the wearer’s skill at picking locks and pickpocketing others.
This item can be replicated by Artificers using the Infuse Item — Replicate Magic Item ability. When replicated, the following apply:
- Artificer Infused Magic Item
- Prerequisite: 6th-level Artificer
- Item: A pair of gloves
Gloves of thievery, when worn, granted the wearer advanced sleight of hand. With the more extraordinary skill of their fingers, the wearer could perform tricks, steal or plant items on others, and conceal objects much better than they usually could. As per historical shreds of evidence, in 1357 DR, a pair of gloves of thievery were located in the Pit of Moander, to the north of Yûlash.
How does Gloves of thievery work with Mage Hands?
It works well with Mage hands. The gloves give a bonus to your skill checks, and the mage hand uses your skill checks.
The Arcane Trickster rogue’s Mage Hand Legerdemain feature (PHB, p. 98) says:
Starting at 3rd level, when you cast mage hand, you can make the spectral hand invisible, and you can perform the following additional tasks with it:
- You can stow one object the hand is holding in a container worn or carried by another creature.
- You can retrieve an object in a container worn or carried by another creature.
- You can use thieves’ tools to pick locks and 5e disarm traps at range.
- You can perform one of these tasks without being noticed by a creature if you succeed on a Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Perception) check.
- In addition, you can use the bonus action granted by your Cunning Action to control the hand.
Suppose the character is wearing the gloves and making a Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check or a Dexterity check to pick a lock. In that case, the character gets the +5 bonus from the Gloves of Thievery 5e.
Where will you find them?
You will find them here.
- Magic Item Table F
- Source: DMG, page 172
- Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron (2019-11-19 release) replaces information from:
- UA Artificer 2019
- UA Artificer2 2019