Procedures To Help Reshape Hairline
It is essential in life to be physically attractive and aesthetically pleasing. It is a fact that people with unruly hair have trouble finding work and suffer from low self-esteem. One way to counter this issue is by reshaping your hairline.
This can immediately affect your appearance and make you feel better about yourself as a person. Here are some procedures to help reshape your hairline:
1. Laser Hair Removal
It is the most effective method of removing unwanted hair. It is a permanent hair removal treatment that only requires a few sessions. The laser eliminates hair, and it doesn’t damage the hair shaft.
How is it done?
The laser targets the pigment in the hair shaft and destroys it. The melanin pigment absorbs the laser energy in your hair, responsible for the color. This destroys your hair follicle, and it will eventually stop growing. Your hair will be permanently removed. This is an excellent treatment for medium to coarse hair.
When it is done correctly, this procedure usually takes off 90-95% of the hair from the treated area, but your physician will tell you how many sessions you’ll need to achieve this percentage.
- Speed: You can get rid of hair in only four to five sessions, and it will take at least 6-8 weeks for the hair to fully disappear.
- No downtime: Your hairline will only be affected for a short period, lasting only several weeks. You can go back to your daily activities as if nothing had happened.
- Before this procedure, consult with your physician. They will evaluate your health and the area that needs treatment. They will also make a timetable for you to follow.
- Stop using topical or oral hair regrowth inhibitors 36 hours before the appointment. This will allow the laser to work more efficiently and give you a permanent solution for your hair problem.
- Do not take any blood thinners, like aspirin or ibuprofen, because it will increase the risk of bleeding.
- Do not use an oral anesthetic immediately before the procedure, as this can affect the results of your treatment.
2. Hair Transplants
Hair transplants are an option if you want to keep your hair in an area of your scalp where it is not growing. This procedure has been around for years, but it wasn’t until 1936 that the first successful transplant was done by Dr. Norman Orentreich, a dermatologic surgeon.
It’s still used today for helping people who have lost hair due to alopecia or other medical conditions or those who want to change their hairline because of physical features like a wide forehead or large ears.
How is it done?
Hair transplants are done in the doctor’s office, and you will see the results within a few weeks. However, you will experience some hair loss before that. You should expect to lose 50% of your available donor hair before seeing results.
The procedure consists of removing a strip of hair from your donor area and transferring it to the bald or thinning area on your head. The remaining donor area will grow the hair you lost in the procedure.
- It is permanent: This is an excellent alternative if you cannot afford to undergo surgery or if you don’t want to undergo surgery since there are no ill effects with this procedure. The transplanted hair will not fall out and will grow for life.
- It is safe and effective: It has been used for years, and it has a high success rate of over 90%.
- Do not take blood thinners like aspirin or warfarin for at least two weeks before the procedure. This will make bleeding easier to control during the surgery.
- Do not smoke because nicotine affects blood circulation and can cause an excessive loss of the donor hair during surgery.
- Do not get a hair transplant if you have a known autoimmune condition or have been diagnosed with cancer within the last five years because it may affect your transplant’s success rate.
3. Forehead Reduction
This procedure is used to reduce the size of your forehead to improve its appearance. It will shape your hairline and remove excess skin from the forehead. This procedure is usually used for people who have a thick and wide forehead because it will make them look younger, more attractive, and more confident in their self-image.
How is it done?
This procedure is performed in the doctor’s office and usually takes two visits. The best candidate for this is a person who wants to improve their self-image, especially if they have a large forehead or round face.
The doctors will make a skin biopsy to find out your skin type and its thickness. They will then plan your forehead reduction accordingly to determine whether you will have some scarring on your forehead. This will include a chemical peeling process that will soften the skin and allow your doctor to perform the forehead reduction surgery.
- It is highly effective: You will see results immediately after your procedure. The changes in your appearance will last for years, making you feel better about yourself, especially if you have a big forehead.
- It is safe and affordable: Dermatologists highly recommend this procedure because it effectively shapes the forehead and reduces its size. It will allow you to look more attractive and boost your self-esteem.
- Do not take blood thinners before the procedure because this will increase your risk of bleeding and make it easier to see the doctor perform the procedure.
- Also, prepare your mind for this procedure. It will take you months to completely recover and look like yourself again.
Why should you undergo a procedure to reshape your hairline?
People suffering from hair loss often ignore the problem in hopes that it will go away and they will not have to deal with it. However, this is not a solution to the problem. Hair loss is a serious issue that should be addressed. It can affect your self-esteem and give you a low perception of yourself, especially if you are at a young age. The idea of undergoing a procedure to reshape your hairline is an excellent way to feel better about yourself. It will boost your self-esteem and make you feel younger and more attractive.