Table of Contents
What Are The Things Which You Should Know About Breast Augmentation
Augmentation or augmentation mammoplasty is a type of surgical procedure that reforms the shape, size, and structure of the breasts. This procedure is done by a professional doctor who has a specialization in plastic surgery. Women, who are in dire need to restructure their breasts, opt for this procedure.
In today’s time, breast augmentation procedure among young and old women is quite common. The best result can only be achieved if it is done by an expert plastic surgeon. Dr. Eric Payne is known for his expertise and extreme professionalism. He is one of the best choices among his patients.
He is highly qualified to do this job, and also holds years of experience in doing it perfectly. You can directly contact him by visiting his Texas liposuction specialty clinic, located Texas, after taking an appointment.
Reasons behind Opting for Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation is a plastic surgery, which is of two types
- Reconstructive surgery
- Cosmetic surgery
Cosmetic surgery can be chosen by anyone to enhance the beauty of their breasts, but reconstructive surgery is done on the breast cancer patient, which is a part of its treatment.
- Enlargement of breasts, which are naturally small
- Restoration of the breast structure, especially after pregnancy, weight loss, and breastfeeding
- Asymmetrical breast
Various Types Of Breast Implants
- Saline Implants – It is packed with sterile saline solutions like saltwater. The solution is stored in an elastic silicone shell. Different types of saline solutions are used. This type of implant may or may not affect the sensitivity and the structure of the breast area.
- Silicone Gel Filled Implants –It is made up of a silicone shell that is filled with silicone gel. In case the silicone shell leaks and the silicone gel starts spreading in the silicone implant pockets, then the client needs to visit their surgeon ASAP. Most surgeons recommend regular visits to check the condition of the implants. A normal MRI or an ultrasound scan can easily check the condition of the implants.
- Alternative composite implants –This implant is done differently. Generally, soy oil, polypropylene string, or other oily stuff are used as an implant
Steps Followed During Breast Augmentation Procedure
Anesthesia – Anesthetic medicines are given to numb the senses, and comfort during the surgery time. It may be local or general anesthesia. The surgeon will recommend the type after consulting with the patient.
Incision – Incisions are done on the operative area, to minimize the visible scars. The surgeons usually discuss with their clients the kind of incision that is best suited for the desired result. Incisions vary on different parameters like breast implants, your anatomy, amount of enlargement, and patient-surgeon preference
Placing The Breast Implants – The implant is placed either under the pectoral muscle or exactly behind the breast tissue. The method of placement directly depends on the type of implant, the amount of desired enlargement, the body type, and the surgeon’s recommendation
Finishing Touch – The layered structures in the breast tissue are closed either with sutures, surgical tape, or by using adhesives.
Every modification of our body has some cons and pros. So, is breast augmentation surgery. Choosing the best surgeon for this surgery will provide you with the optimum, flawless, and desired result.