Which Is Better: Step-through or Step-Over E-Bikes?
The importance of biking cannot be over-emphasized. They are a perfect way to exercise your muscles while having fun. They could also go a long way in helping your weight loss journey.
In the world of cycling, there are different types of bike frames. Factually speaking, there is no “bad” or “good” frame. It all depends on what you would love to use the electric bicycle for.
What Is A Step-Through Bike?
Ladies certainly played a vital role in the evolution of motorbikes. Step-through bikes were designed in the 20th century. At the time, the dresses of women made it uncomfortable for them to climb conventional bikes. Hence, causing lots of problems.
Based on the inability of women to use regular bikes, Step-through e-bikes were created so that women could mount the bike without lifting their legs. Step-throughs overcame the limitation of regular bikes by giving premium comfort. The bike is made of a lower frame and a lower stepping pad. Consequently, eliminating the need to raise the legs so high before the bike could be mounted.
Pros And Cons
Just like every existing machine, step-through bikes have their advantages and disadvantages. Having an idea about these would help you determine if the Step-through bike is the perfect electric bike for you.
- Ease of Movement
Step-through bikes are very easy to climb and alight from. They do not require any form of special skill or expertise before you can use them. Based on their ease of use, they are the best fit for people with mobility issues. Furthermore, they are safe and easy to ride. This assures you of the safety of your aged ones when they mount the bike.
- They Are Not Dressing Selective.
No matter your clothing, you will be very comfortable on step-through bikes. Unlike the conventional step-over bikes, you would not need to lift your legs for you to mount the bike. Hence, it is easy for you to ride a bike with your dress or skirt. If you are searching for a step-through bike, Himiway’s Long Range Moped-Style Electric Bike is a great choice. It has a strong battery life that gives you about 30-50 miles per charge. Furthermore, it has a multifunctional LCD that keeps you updated on basic information. Some of the information on the display includes the Odometer, pedal assist level, battery capacity, and wattmeter.
- They Are The Perfect Fit For Fun Shopping
If all you want is a splash of spice in your daily errands and grocery shopping, you should consider the step-through bikes. They are easy to ride and very comfortable. So you could have much fun while stocking up on your favorite veggies.
- Step-through bikes are usually heavier and thicker than conventional bikes. This thickness is because of the absence of the top bar on these bikes. Hence, there is a need to use more durable components to provide support ad protection for the bike.
- Even though step-through bikes are very comfortable, they are not well known to give as much speed as step-over bikes.
- The structure of step-through bikes makes it difficult to accessorize. Most brands of these e-bikes do not have attachments like water bottle holders and mini backpacks. Brands like Himiway have been able to overcome this challenge. The Himiway step-through bikes make it possible for you to attach a front basket to them.
What Is A Step-Over Bike?
Step-over bikes are the most popular bicycle frame. In some settings, they are addressed as the diamond or triangle frame. the reason for their popularity is because of their durability and lightweight.
The step-over frame is the most commonly used design for mountain bikes, high-end racing bikes, hybrid bikes, and road bikes. This is because they give the riders more pedal power and a more balanced ride.
Pros And Cons
The pros and cons of the step-over bikes will help you decide if this is the best electric bike option for you. Without much ado, let us get started:
- They Are Not Terrain Restricted
Unlike step-through bikes, Step-over Bikes are not restricted or limited to any terrain.The reason for this is not far-fetched. Step-over bikes are sturdy and strong. Hence making them the perfect companion for people who would love to go for a biking adventure.
- They Have A Light Weight
Step-over bikes are lightweight. They have a frame that gives you great speed and proper handling. Hence assuring you of enhanced performance. If you ever need to embark on a cycling competition at any point in time, you should consider a step-over bike.
- They Can Effectively Cover Long Distances
One major characteristic of step-over bicycles is their durability. They have a geometric design that is tried and tested, and this gives them the capacity to last thousand of miles.
- As a result of the fact that step-over bikes are designed for all types of terrain, they are not suited for extreme riding conditions. Consequently, the bikes are only designed for lightweight to average-weight riders.
- Even though step-over bikes can function in different terrains, they are primarily for street riding. Getting them to perform optimally in off-road riding will require some measure of customization. Howbeit, the Himiway Zebra E-bike, has been able to surmount this challenge. The e-bike can cover all terrains without giving you any form of stress.
- Step-over bicycles are not usually reinforced with the same material as bicycles like mountain bicycles. As a result, they may not be strong enough for hardcore riders.
Choosing the right bicycle frame may not always be the easiest of decisions. To be candid, the task is only easier when you know your riding style and the purpose you would for you decide to go on a ride. At other times, your choice of e-bike would not get easier till you sight different convincing bicycles. Himiway has a wide range of e-bikes for men and women that you would love at first sight.