Why does ban call hawk Master?
Ban’s master is Hawk. Ban has never seen Hawk in his original form, he didn’t even know what his real name was. He remembers nothing about why they are so close for him to call him master. But the only thing he knows is that he must do anything to protect Hawk and follow his orders no matter how bad it can get.
Ban’s pig side doesn’t remember why he decided to stick with hawk all the time but the human side (which is very small) thinks that it might because when Ban was a human he had someone who taught him things like never give up and protect your friends, family etc. So that’s why Ban feels like he needs to repay hawk or something for teaching him all that stuff back in the day.
Ban’s pig side doesn’t remember why he decided to stick with hawk all the time but the human side (which is very small) thinks that it might because when Ban was a human he had someone who taught him things like never give up and protect your friends, family, etc. So that’s why Ban feels like he needs to repay hawk or something for teaching him all that stuff back in the day.
Ban has never seen Hawk in his original form, he didn’t even know what his real name was. He remembers nothing about why they are so close for him to call him master. But the only thing he knows is that he must do anything to protect Hawk and follow his orders no matter how bad it can get.
Ban calls Hawk Master for a few reasons:
– The first is simple. Ban makes jokes out of everything, so it’s most likely he was just screwing around when he called Hawk Knight/Master/Scrap disposal or whatever other weird title he had invented.
– Second, this is the only way to get Hawk’s attention when Ban is speaking with him privately (Hey! Oi… can you let go? Oh… okay). If you watch the scene in episode 7 where they sneak past the guards and Ban says “So that noise back there…” You can tell that if they speak normally then no one will be able to hear them because of the distance and the volume of the conversation going on. If you notice when they get close to each other and Ban says “Hey… why’d you stop?” Hawk has his back turned towards Ban, so it’s likely that part of why he was calling him by a weird title is to get his attention in a situation where a normal conversation won’t work.
– Third, from what we’ve been told, this sort of formality seems to be common among certain groups in general, but for some reason just don’t seem natural or right coming from Ban. He isn’t exactly polite or respectful around the rest of the Sins either. In short, if someone else were to say it then it may be fine because others would expect them to speak like that, but it just seems weird coming from Ban because he wouldn’t normally do it.
Now the question why Hawk responded to Ban by calling him Master can be answered easily:
– First, if you look at where their relationship goes throughout the story, there is very little actual respect between them. If anything they work together out of mutual benefit and convenience rather than because they like each other or care for one another. So why would Hawk call Ban master? He doesn’t act like his master, so why would he call him that? It makes no real sense to anybody except those who know why – which is why it’s funny when people keep asking why he calls him Master all the time or why does Ban call Hawk Master or whatever.
– Second, why would Ban call Hawk Master? It’s likely that he does it for similar reasons as why Hawk responds to him by calling him Master: it’s convenient and they don’t really care about each other in a positive way so why not.
So what is the reason why Hawk and Ban act like this around each other?
– The complete answer isn’t entirely clear. However we do know that they met in the past when Hawk was still considered a Death Scythe (and hadn’t yet been kicked out of the order). After he failed to kill Ban, they traveled together for a while until Ban decided to start his own path. Since then, although their alliance has deteriorated into something closer to mutual convenience than real friendship, neither has really tried to kill the other.
– One theory is that they do this for different reasons but in order to actually work together without too much difficulty or arguing they do it for the sake of working together, not because they want to.
– Another theory is that Ban keeps calling him Master as a way to get Hawk’s attention then they agree to act like they respect one another more than they actually do. Ban is shown to be willing to work with just about anybody if it will help him achieve his goal (and he knows his life isn’t on the line), so why not play along in order to make things easier? Hawk doesn’t seem like the type of person who cares about hurting someone else’s feelings in general, so why not either even though he has little reason to care what Ban does in particular?
– Another hint at why Hawk acts like this towards Ban comes from episode 8 when he says “You’ve got some nerve, showing up in a place like this,” and Ban responds with “Since when did you become the master?”
– The exact meaning of why he calls Hawk Master isn’t clear, but why does Ban call him Master? It’s likely because they used that title for each other at one point in order to get on each other’s good sides. In addition, why Hawk says it may be more out of convenience rather than respect while why Ban does it probably has little to do with mutual respect and something more to do with why they decided on it in the past.