How Many Calories Do 15,000 And 20,000 Steps Burn?
The calorie calculator helps to estimate the total amount of calories burned during walking. Have you ever wondered how many calories does 15,000 and 20,000 steps burn? The average person takes 2,000- 2,500 steps in a mile. So when you take 10,000 walking steps it is around equal to 5 miles. However, you can count your walking steps with help of a pedometer, fitness bands, and your smartphone.
Moreover, the number of steps walked varies from person to person and on the individual’s stride length. Walking does not need any equipment. It can be done anywhere at any time of the day. But it is essential to know how many calories you are burning from walking. So in this guide, we mentioned how many calories are burned from walking. Furthermore, if you walk around 15,000 steps it will be 606 kcal from your body. Likewise, if you will walk 20,000 steps it will help you burn 808 kcal.
Factors That Affect The Calories Burned Process
There are many calories calculators, you can use any of them that is easily available to you. The factors on which the calories burned procedure depends are:
Your Height – You have to need to assess your stride length therefore you can calculate the distance you covered.
Your Weight – It mainly depends on your weight. So the heavier you are the more calories you will tend to burn while walking.
Steps – Calories burning process is highly depends on how many steps you took.
Your Pace – The faster you will walk, the faster you lose weight. However, when you walk fast it will faster your heartbeat and more calories will burn.
For those who love running, I recommend marathons. When you get Marathon medals, you will feel great joy and excitement. You will feel that your life is glowing. I have won many race medals custom and I enjoy harvesting them very much.
How Many Calories Do 15,000 Steps Burn?
Many health experts recommend 10,000 steps per day. Let’s find how our steps to calories calculator work with the help of an example:
- First, we have to enter the weight and height of a person. Let’s consider that our weight is about 70 kgs and height is around 183 cm.
- Now enter the number of steps, which is 15,000.
- Now we have to choose the pace – select the average pace of 3 miles/hour.
This person burns 606 kcal for every 15,000 steps.
How Many Calories Do 20,000 Steps Burn?
For calculating calories burned for every 20,000 steps, the process is the same as described above:
- Firstly you should enter the height and weight of that individual you are going to calculate the burn calories. However, let’s consider that the individual has a weight of around 70 kgs and a height of around 183 cm.
- Now you have to enter the number of steps, in this case, that is 20,000 walking steps.
- Lastly, choose the pace that is 3 miles/hour.
The result is 808 kcal for every 20,000 walking steps.
This data is according to height 6 feet and above, for calories burnt by step count and weight. The number of calories is based on metabolic equivalents (MET) research, by taking average calories burned at walking speed from 2 to 4 miles per hour.
Are 15,000 Walking Steps Per Day A Healthy Activity? Or Fewer Enough?
According to WHO, walking more than 15,000 a day reduces the risk of obesity, cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease. Although, no research shows the exact number of steps per day. Hence, all agree that both children and adults should complete as many steps as possible each day. So it is not necessary to be jogging, that can put stress on joints and tendons. Moreover, you can walk yourself to stay healthy. However, walking will increase your fitness and performance and save you from many diseases.
Although, it is not the distance covered or the number of steps that are taken, the length of activity time that is necessary for staying healthy. However, the study of the British Royal College Of General Practitioners (RCGP) shows that the risk of early death should be reduced up to 15% by walking for 30 minutes. Furthermore, this research shows that older women, as approximately 4,400 steps per day was considerably related to low mortality rates as compared to approximately 2,700 steps per day.
Ways To Increase Your Daily Walking Steps
You have to follow the tips mentioned below to increase your number of daily steps:
- You should walk to the shop rather than drive to go there.
- Hence always try to walk to your work. You should get off the bus one or two stops earlier or use public transport on the way back.
- In addition, try to use stairs rather than escalators and lifts whenever it is easy.
- Take your dogs often on longer walks.
- So you should walk while you are talking over your phone with someone.
- Lastly, measure the walking steps you take. Hence research shows that those people who use pedometers will walk more.
Benefits Of Walking
Walking is an easy activity to engage yourself in a healthy activity and it is also associated with many health benefits:
- Walking can increase your cardiovascular and pulmonary fitness levels.
- Additionally, it can prevent you from many chronic diseases like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and some forms of cancer.
- Furthermore, make your bones stronger.
- In addition, it improves your balance.
- It will eliminate excess body fats.
- Moreover, it will increase your endurance and muscle power.
- A walk can play a big role in mood improvements.
There are many ways to burn calories walking including speeding up, doing running intervals, and use of fitness walking poles. In addition, some people want to increase their daily number of steps beyond this amount. However, anyone who can walk beyond the daily step count can help them to lose weight.